Sunday, June 21, 2009

South Beach Living Snack Bar Delights Review


Although I'm not too much into the whole South Beach Diet thing, I do like to find quick and easy meal replacements. A friend of mine recommended the South Beach Living Snack Bar Delights so I thought I'd give them a try.

I realize these aren't suppose to replace an entire meal, they're a snack replacement for phases 2 and 3 of the South Beach plan, but I hate eating breakfast. Since I know I should have something to "break the fast" I opted for these tasty bars. I bought a box of Chocolate Raspberry and a box of Peanut Butter.

For the past two weeks I've had one in the a.m. with a cup of coffee. (Okay, not the most nutritious meal on earth.) These bars are actually very good! I've had Zone bars and Atkins bars and every other meal bar you can think of, and these are by far the best. They're very flavorful without tasting like they're "good for you." They're a little bit chewy and a little bit crunchy--nice contrast. I don't feel bloated after eating these either. (I always felt that way with some of the other bars.)

As far as appetite control, they do work. After having one of these in the morning, I don't think about food until 3-4 hours later. At just 100 calories, 5 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fiber, they're a snack you don't have to feel guilty about! If I find myself famished before dinner and know I'll pig-out on everything in sight, I have one of these bars and many times I don't even finish my entire meal.

Have I noticed any weight loss? Since I'm carrying on with my usual (bad) habits of eating things that aren't the best for me and sitting on my butt in front of the computer all day, I can't say that the pounds are melting off. However, I do feel my jeans aren't as tight as they used to be.

Even if you aren't following the South Beach Diet, I recommend these snack bars as a way to curb your appetite, enjoy a treat every day, and actually feel kind of good about it.

Check back for my other reviews and my opinion of the weight loss supplement CLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment