Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas for a girl on a budget

Guest post written by Carla Winstead

The other day I was watching the "Confessions of a Shopaholic" movie and even though I'm not in nearly the financial situation the main character in that movie is, her crazy spending habits were ringing a little too true for me. So I've decided that instead of going out and buying some really great gifts for all of my friends and family this year, I'll actually just try to make them myself.

I am pretty creative after all, so I thought that this wouldn't be too much of a hassle. I've been bookmarking craft ideas for presents for my loved ones for weeks now. While I was doing that the other day, I saw some offers for satellite internet companies and decided to check it out and sign up my home internet service for one of them.

So far the DIY Christmas gifts that I've put together look so great! I've made a little sweater that you put around a coffee mug that keeps you're hands from getting too hot that I'm going to give to my mom. She loves stuff like that and I think I'm going to make another one for my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment