Sunday, December 19, 2010

Love Music? Stream Music On Demand At StreamMyTunes.com

Anyone who knows me the least little bit knows that I love music.  In fact, "love" is a pretty mild word.  Let's put it this way, I still have some 8-track tapes.  haha!  Okay, so I'm showing my age, but I'm also showing you how much I enjoy listening to music.  All types of music.  I've got tons of CDs and my MP3 player is always filled with music.  So much so I always have to upgrade so I have more memory on it.

I listen to music a lot when I'm working.  It helps to pass the time and makes work feel less like work.  Most of the time I'll listen to streaming music like on Yahoo and Pandora.  The problem with those two is that I don't like the commercials and it's hard to find music I like.  I'll hear one good song for every 3-5 bad or okay ones.

Yesterday I found out about StreamMyTunes.com and have been looking around the site.  I'm impressed.  Really!  You can register and download the free widget which gives you access to:
  • 18 million songs
  • create & share playlists
  • send song links to friends via social media or email
  • access 500 radio stations
  • & more
It's closest "rival" is iTunes, but I honestly don't like iTunes.  It's a pain every time I try to use it.  In fact, I refuse to use or buy iAnythings (iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc.)  Okay, that's a personal decision and lots of people love them.

Getting back to this site though, what I find exciting is that you don't have to pay a 'per song' fee like many sites do.  Instead, you get a free trial so you can take them for a test drive then if you want to keep the service it's only $9.95 per month.  That's pretty darn cheap when you take into consideration all you get.

Ever since sites like LimeWire have been shut down it's hard for music lovers to get the tunes they want to hear.  And who wants to pay a buck a song?  (Or listen to crummy music from places like Music Oasis and be forced into downloading a bunch of crap onto your computer?! Check out my Music Oasis review.) 

Alright, so I'm eager to start using StreamMyTunes and finally being able to listen to music while I work or just browse the internet or play games.  Take a look and sign up for their free trial.  You've got nothing to lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment