Thursday, March 24, 2011

Taking A Road Trip To San Diego

Sign at the entrance of the San Diego Zoo. Cat...Image via Wikipedia
Summer is approaching fast and I love going to the beach. The bad thing is, I live in Arizona and had lived in Southern California for decades. I miss the ocean!  This year my kids and I are taking a road trip down to San Diego to see some of the sites and enjoy spending time in the surf and sun.

We're going to stay for about a week and find a nice, but reasonably priced motel near the beach and just enjoy the scenery. Sometimes it's nice to get away from it all and relax, leaving work and problems behind. We might pack a picnic one day and go to a nearby park, maybe go to the San Diego Zoo, find some museums to visit, and we might rent a boat for a few hours too.

I'm sure my girls would prefer to go clothes shopping and there are probably some great boutiques around there, but I'll probably let them go off and try on clothes for a few hours while I check out a local book store or thrift shop. Right now I'm just counting down the days until we get to leave for our vacation!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment