Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cincinnati Reds

I live in Pittsburgh and there is only one time when I like to go to the Pittsburgh Pirates home, PNC Park. It is when the Cincinnati Reds are in town. Thankfully it happens a few times a year, and it's easy to get tickets to those games. I have been a Reds fan since I was knee high to my father and uncles. It's just what I grew up knowing. I especially like it when they come to town during a weekend where my dad and some his brothers can come spend a few days with me. There is nothing better than hosting a weekend to the very family members who taught me to appreciate the Reds the way they do.

My favorite players are Bronson Arroyo and Corky Miller, so I never miss a chance to see them play in person when I can. Even though I have to sit with Pirates fans, they are very good-natured about the teasing I usually give them. On the rare occasion, they can even give it back when their team is up! Regardless, it is a good atmosphere and we all end up having a great time.

I have a satellite TV from bestchoicetv and a big screen television, so when I can't go to the games, I enjoy watching them in my den. It's just very relaxing and I hope to teach my kids the same appreciation for the team that I was taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment