Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mixing work with pleasure in Mexico

Guest post written by my buddy Bernardo Graham

Who says business and pleasure can't mix? For the most part, I enjoy traveling, whether it may be to other cities within the USA or cities in Latin America. As a bilingual Californian who lives on the US - Mexico border I frequently am asked by my boss to head south of the border for meetings with Mexican clients. The company I work for has a pretty straightforward mission. Basically we work closely with Mexican and Costa Rican citizens to build and upkeep rental properties so that foreign tourists can enjoy the exotic culture and environment of these two countries.

Personally, I love spending time overseas. I'm usually sent to these countries for 2 weeks. While overseas I have a pretty simple work routine. I'm basically free to roam whatever city I have been assigned to, as long as I keep in contact with the foreign clients so that they can call me in at any time to meet with them, or help them out with something.

In my spare time I pretty much just sample the wonderful local foods, and brush up on the country's history. Many people criticize a transient lifestyle like mine, but I don't mind it. I am looking forward to the next time I can throw my gear in the suitcase, set my home security system and hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment